The annual enrollment period for Medicare will be closing SOON! If you have not enrolled, or chosen between Medicare and Medicare Advantage, now is the time.
In our previous blog we discussed the differences between Traditional Medicare and Medicare Advantage, and why Traditional Medicare is probably a better choice for those with more health care needs. According to the New York Times, a team of researchers at Brown University found that Advantage beneficiaries are “10 percent less likely to enter the highest-quality hospitals, 4 to 8 percent less likely to be admitted to the highest-quality nursing homes and half as likely to use the highest-rated cancer centers for complex cancer surgeries, compared with similar patients in the same counties or ZIP codes.”
Regardless of which plan you decide is best for you, the time to enroll is now. Here are some resources to help you with your decision. As always, we are here for you if you have any questions or need some guidance.
- Medicare Website – https://www.medicare.gov/ The website will help you find and compare plans and find healthcare providers.
- Find Medicare Health/Drug plans
- Sign up for Medicare
- Medicare basics
- Medicare & You 2023: PDF handbook of Medicare benefits, coverage decisions, rights and protections, and answers to the most frequently asked questions about Medicare.
- Prefer to speak to a human? You can reach Medicare toll free at 1-800-MEDICARE.
- State Health Insurance Assistance Program provides local Medicare help by state.
- New York State Health Insurance Information, Counseling, and Assistance Program is a statewide network of programs. New Yorkers can schedule free, confidential appointments with counselors by calling 1-800-701-0501.
Remember that we are always here to answer any questions or provide advice. Now hurry up – your window of opportunity is closing!