New Medicaid and Veterans Figures for 2015
March 4, 2015
Besides the snow, 2015 has brought us some new Medicaid and Veterans figures.
Beginning January 1, 2015, the Medicaid eligibility figures are:
- 1. A Medicaid applicant/recipient can have up to $14,850 in available resources;
- 2. The community spouse of a nursing home resident can have monthly income of up to $2,980.50; and
- 3. The community spouse of a nursing home resident may have available resources of $74,820 to $119,220.
The 2015 Veterans’ Aid and Attendance benefits figures are as follows:
- 1. The maximum monthly pension for a veteran is $1,788 ($21,466 annual benefit);
- 2. The maximum monthly pension for a veteran and spouse is $2,120 ($25,448 annual benefit); and
- 3. The maximum monthly pension for a surviving spouse of a veteran is $1,149 ($13,794 annual benefit).
Please contact us to discuss how this may relate to your circumstances.