March 4, 2015
Besides the snow, 2015 has brought us some new Medicaid and Veterans figures.
Beginning January 1, 2015, the Medicaid eligibility figures are:
- 1. A Medicaid applicant/recipient can have up to $14,850 in available resources;
- 2. The community spouse of a nursing home resident can have monthly income of up to $2,980.50; and
- 3. The community spouse of a nursing home resident may have available resources of $74,820 to $119,220.
The 2015 Veterans’ Aid and Attendance benefits figures are as follows:
- 1. The maximum monthly pension for a veteran is $1,788 ($21,466 annual benefit);
- 2. The maximum monthly pension for a veteran and spouse is $2,120 ($25,448 annual benefit); and
- 3. The maximum monthly pension for a surviving spouse of a veteran is $1,149 ($13,794 annual benefit).
Please contact us to discuss how this may relate to your circumstances.